To see more photos of Pool Decks, Click Here.
Let your pool deck be an extension of your patio as it accents the beauty of your pool – choose from a variety of surfaces that are functional, easy to care for, and attractive.
Did you know when the average pool owner “uses” their swimming pool they actually spend about 90% of their time on the pool patio and not in the pool? Interesting huh!
That makes the pool patio an essential part of the poolscape that you must get right the first time!
Here is some pool patio guidelines to help you determine how much area you actually need.
A conversation area for 3 to 6 people requires a 10’x10′ space.
- A dining area for four people should be at least 10’x10′
- A dining area for six to eight people should be at least 12’x12′
- A chase lounge requires an area 4’x7′, but figure 7’x7′ for two.
- You want a minimum of 30″ between any patio furniture and the pools edge.
- Pathways and other traffic areas should be a minimum of 3′ wide at all points.
- Two chairs and a small table require a 6’x6′ area.
- A grill and small side table need a minimum of 6’x6′.
- 6′ feet of space are needed between the base of a set of steps and the water’s edge of the pool.
- An average hot tub requires a 10’x10′ space.
- A fire pit needs 30″-36″ of open space between the pit and furniture or seating area.
- A slide requires a minimum area of 7’x15′ beside the pool.
- Diving boards require a minimum area of 8′ long by 6′ wide on the end of the pool.
- Allow at least 24″-30″ of space between any water feature and the edge of the patio.
- An outdoor shower needs an area at least 5’x5′.
- The average pool deck is approximately 600-900 square feet, but many are much larger.